Discover at your own pace, a richly furnished residence from the dawn of the Renaissance. In each room, information cards help you discover the life of a great lord of the Middle Ages. Watch the royal wedding ceremony of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany recreated in sound and light (in French and English/ Length : 8 minutes).
– Length : 90 minutes (château and park)
– Languages : information cards in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, japonese and Portuguese.
– Prices : 7€ per person (professional rate : 6,50€)
– Conditions : starting at 20 people / Free for the guide and chauffeur.
Let yourself be transported to a period rich in changes, with a tour full of entertaining stories through the main rooms of the château. The lordly way of life, table manners, entertaining guests, wardrobes… will all be revealed to you.
– Length : 1 hour
– Languages : French, English, Spanish
– Prices : guided tour fixed price 40€ + 7€ per person
– Conditions : reservation required / starting at 20 people / Free for the guide and chauffeur.
Tour and wine-tasting
Following the tour of the château, enjoy a tasting of wines from the La Herpinière vineyard, the first wine estate to adopt organic farming in Azay-le-Rideau. The wine-maker Christophe Verronneau will welcome you in the Banquet Hall of the castle and will present his wines made with respect for the land and the vintage. This wine tasting will be accompanied by a selection of regional products.
– Length : from 90 minutes to 2 hours
– Language : tour and wine-tasting offered in French and English
– Prices and terms : starting 20 people, 16,30€ per person
Introduction to medieval dance
After discovering the sounds of instruments from the late Middle Ages, visitors can practice a few dance steps.
–Lenght : 1 hour
–Language : in English
–Prices : starting at 20 people ; 13,50 € per person
Information and reservations
For all reservations and for more information about the tour options for adults groups, please contact us on +33 (0)2 47 96 72 60.
Copyright 2013 Château et parc de Langeais – Legal notice